In this lesson from Blues Guitar Institute, we’ll sharpen your Delta Blues skills.
In Lesson #130 we covered some basic ideas to get you started with Delta Blues. Many blues lovers strongly associate Delta Blues with acoustic blues. While there are other styles of acoustic blues (Piedmont Blues), you can’t ignore the shear grit of the Delta sound.
In this lesson, we’ll dig deep into the grit and somewhat dirty sound of Delta Blues.
- How to play more intricate licks over a steady bass
- How to add dynamics to your playing with “string snapping”
- The bluesy note to focus on over the E chord and the A chord
Other Related Lessons
- Tuesday Blues 003: Finger Picking Exercise to Build Thumb Independence
- Tuesday Blues 130: Here’s a Quick Way to Get Started with Delta blues
- Tuesday Blues 008: Guitar Technique: How to Snap a Bass String