Slide Guitar Tips
Full Disclosure: I am not a seasoned slide guitar player.
Though I have worked hard at improving my slide technique, I feel like I have so much to learn. Over the years, a heady mix of blind luck, ‘ah-ha’ moments and a few broken pieces of furniture led me to a few nuggets of wisdom. I would love to have known some of these when I was first getting started.
I’d like to share these little slide guitar tips with you.
If your bouts with slide guitar have resulted in the following:
- Throwing your guitar down a flight of stairs;
- Cursing the guy who plays better slide with a beer bottle than you do with a “real” slide;
- Complete slide abandonment followed by extreme bouts of blues withdrawal and immense shame
…then please check out this short video. Maybe you’ll pick up a thing or two to get you on the right path.
What you will learn
- How to get a clearer tone from your slide
- Where to ‘fret’ when using a slide
- Whether to use a heavy or light touch with your fret hand
- How to tune to Open G
Take some time and digest these tips and get ready for the next slide guitar lesson where I show you a cool little lick in Open G.
Until Then, Keep Slidin’!