Stay On Track
Here's What BGI Members Have to Say
John has provided the instruction necessary for me to feel comfortable playing with my friends at house parties, around the campfire or by the pool. It has been such fun.Frank S - ON, Canada
There is simply no other site or course out there but Blues Guitar Institute I've found that dedicates itself to this absolute blast of a style of guitar playing.Jim C - Texas, US
Over 20 Hours of Easy to Follow Courses
Whether you've been pickin' for a while or you're returning to the guitar after a long (really long) break, the BGI Course Library has something for you. These courses are structured to help you get results.
- Blind Blake was a true virtuoso and way ahead of his contemporaries in many aspects of his playing. In this course, we'll uncover some of the basic concepts of Blake's playing and get his bouncing, snappy sound into your playing.View Lessons
- Looking for a driving tune in E that will get your blood pumpin' and sharpen your skills at the same time? Check out Lowcountry Blues, a quick number that's got some great fun for the intermediate picker and even a few quick licks that will challenge the more advanced player.View Lessons
- There's nothing quite as bluesy as a bottle neck slide sound. Trouble is, playing great slide seems to require a heavy dose of mojo and a trade made down at the crossroads. In this course, we'll demystify some of the main techniques you need to sound great on slide guitar. Black cat bone, not required.View Lessons
- If you need to put a new spin on old Blues ideas, then check out Sunshine & Grits. We take a few twists and turns in the chording and the arrangement to breathe new life into your playing while still paying homage to the legends of the early part of the 20th century.View Lessons
- If you're ready to ditch the pick, this is your course. In Back Porch Blues, you'll be taken step-by-step through the process of thumping out a steady bass with your thumb while plucking out some simple, yet sweet licks right on top. We'll build dexterity, finger independence and your overall sense of timing in Back Porch Blues.View Lessons
- Much of the Blues is built around the shuffle rhythm feel. Sandpiper Stomp is your key to putting the shuffle into action for a fingerpicker. We'll work on strengthening your thumb's sense of the shuffle as well as put together three choruses of a Love in Vain inspired blues shuffle.View Lessons
- If grabbing a scale book and memorizing a thousand different scale patterns sounds boring to you, then this is your course. In Pentatonic Bootcamp, I'll show you two simple minor pentatonic patterns that are the key to moving the pattern all around the fretboard. There's no simpler way to learn your pentatonic scales.View Lessons
More Courses in the Library and New Courses Coming Out Regularly
Meet John Hatcher
Blues is in our roots. The very beginnings of Rock and Roll, Country and Jazz are wrapped up in the Blues. John started Blues Guitar Institute in 2011 as a way to share this incredible style of music with other pickers.
Since BGI began, John's lessons have reached thousands of students each week.
After being nominated by several BGI Members, John won, TrueFire.com's Next Top Guitar Instructor contest in 2015.
Whether sharing the Blues in the Premium Members area, on the popular BGI YouTube Channel or just pickin in the living room, the theme is constant:
Keep it Simple. Practice Smart. Play On!Join Now!