In this lesson, we’ll focus on building solid rhythm skills by highlighting the difference between straight versus shuffle rhythm.
Great timing is critical for a blues player. Sure, it’s important to any guitar player, but as blues guitarists, we crave the elusive groove. The best way to catch the groove is to develop a solid understanding of fundamental rhythm concepts and practice them. In Blues, there’s no rhythm more powerful than the shuffle.
In this lesson, we’ll get back to basics and build the shuffle rhythm beat-by-beat.
- The basics of musical rhythm
- The pulse of 8th Note Triplets
- How to modify Triplets to arrive at the shuffle pattern
Other Related Lessons
- Tuesday Blues 149: Lesson #149Develop Good Timing with these 3 Simple But Powerful Exercises
- Tuesday Blues 006: Lesson #006How to Use Triplets in Blues
- Learn the 12 Bar Blues Progression